As a new teacher, I would use action research to investigate the importance of utilizing technology in the classroom. I would like to investigate this topic because we have an abundant amount of technology in our district, but most teachers don’t know how to use the technology. Most of the classrooms are equipped with smart boards, desktop computers, mini dells, and Activotes. The problem occurs when teachers try to use the technology, but they don’t know how to use it or know ways to incorporate it in their lessons. This topic is very close to me because I am a young and new teacher who would like to implement more technology in my lessons, but no one trained me for instructional strategies or showed me how to work the equipment. I believe that teachers need more technology professional development that provides these specific needs.
ReferencesDana, N. F. (2009). Leading with passion and knowledge. Thousand Oaks, California: Corwin.
Harris, S., Edmonson, S., and Combs, J. (2010). Examining what we do to improve our schools: 8 steps to improve our schools. Larchmont, New York: Eye on Education Press.
No comments:
Post a Comment