Sunday, November 27, 2011

EDLD 5363 Week 2 Reflections

Before this class I have never used any software to edit videos. So I was very excited and nervous about this week’s assignment. This week’s assignment was to research and evaluate a free editing software application that we have never used in the past. I search and came across “Muvee Reveal”. I instantly liked this software because it was already installed on my windows 7 computer. After playing on it and reviewing some tutorials I thought this software was very easy and simple. I also thought that it would be very easy to incorporate into my lessons because it was very child-friendly and awesome for beginners. This was great because in our readings for this week Garrison states, “Media production engages and excites; it leads to unexpected discoveries, increased self-awareness and esteem, sharpened critical thinking, analytical skills, group work skills, and ability to communicate ideas” (Garrison 1999, para. 1). By viewing my podcast kids of all ages will now be able to create fun and exciting videos. I would recommend all teachers to use this software in their classrooms.

Reference
Garrison, A. (1999), Video basics and production projects for the classroom. Center for Media Literacy. Retrieved November 26, 2011, from http://www.medialit.org/reading_room/article3.html

No comments:

Post a Comment